Payday loans are short-term loans — typically in relatively small amounts — designed to help people cover unexpected emergencies or expenses. Understanding your options when it comes to payday loans and alternatives can help you make the best financial choice for you or your family when you’re faced with such a situation.
Keep reading to find out more about online loans and what the best “payday loan” is.
In this post, we will review the following:
- Are there legit online loans?
- What is the easiest loan to get approved for?
- What is the best online payday loan?
- Online loan FAQs
Are There Legit Online Loans?
Yes, many legitimate lenders offer loans online. You can find options for personal, car, mortgage and student loans online, and many major banks now offer some services in fully digital formats to meet their customers’ needs.
At the same time, there are definitely online loan scams, and it’s important to be aware of potential red flags to avoid those. Some red flags include:
- Confusing fee structures. Legitimate lenders provide ample documentation that spells out fees, interest and all costs associated with a loan. They’re also available to answer questions to ensure you understand the costs. If a lender doesn’t seem willing to talk about these factors or is providing you with explanations that seem purposefully confusing and dense, it’s a potential red flag.
- Loans offered via email or phone when you didn’t apply. If you didn’t apply for or express interest in a loan, look at these offers with suspicion. That’s especially true if they seemed to come at just the right time when you needed them most. Scammers often troll social media and other outlets to find people who might need money badly. They then contact these individuals with a too-good-to-be-true offer in a bid to steal money or get personal information that can be used for identity theft.
- Lenders who aren’t registered in your state. If a lender isn’t registered in your state, it should not be offering you a loan.
- Requests that you immediately wire money. Legitimate lenders will not demand that you wire money to a specific person immediately or request deposits in the form of nontraditional payments like gift cards.
What Is the Easiest Loan to Get Approved for?
The easiest loan to get approved for is one you’re qualified for. Take time to research online loans, looking for information about credit, income and other requirements. Some common requirements include:
- Having an address in a specific area. Wise Loan, for example, can offer loans in Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin. If you’re outside of the states Wise Loan is licensed to provide loans in, we won’t be able to approve you for a loan.
- A certain credit score. Many lenders have a minimum credit score requirement. If your credit score falls below that requirement, they may automatically deny you. Wise Loan doesn’t require good credit and works with people with all types of credit histories, helping them build credit by reporting timely payments on Wise Loan loans to two of the three major credit bureaus.
- Appropriate income. You should always ensure you have enough income to make the payments on any loan you take out. Many lenders ask for proof of income to ensure this is the case.
- A checking or savings account. Online loans are typically funded with a transfer to your checking or savings account. If you don’t have one of these accounts, you may not be able to receive funds even if you could be approved for the loan.
- Photo ID. In most cases, you do have to prove your identity by uploading a picture of an approved form of photo ID.
What Is the Best Online Payday Loan?
The best online payday loan might not be a payday loan at all. There are differences between traditional payday loans and installment loans like those offered by Wise Loan, and typically, installment loans offer more benefits and fewer drawbacks than payday loans.
Overall, though, the best loan for you is one that:
- You can afford to pay back. Read the fine print and ensure you’re not getting caught up in a payday loan cycle that can trap you in increasingly expensive rollovers. Instead, consider installment loans that come with affordable weekly, biweekly or monthly payments.
- Offers the lowest fees or interest. Shop around and find a loan that offers the best possible rates. If you don’t have good credit, you won’t be able to access the best rates on the market, but you can find the best rates for you.
- Reports to all three credit bureaus. This is especially true if you’re trying to build credit for the future. Wise Loan reports to all three credit bureaus to help you demonstrate you can pay your bills on time. That can provide a positive impact on your credit score.
If you’re interested in a short-term loan that won’t trap you in a payday loan cycle and can help you build your credit, apply for a Wise Loan loan today.
Online Loan FAQs
How can you get cash immediately?
Online loans with instant funding options let you get cash almost immediately. First, you have to qualify for the loan. Wise Loan offers options that don’t require great credit.
Second, you have to apply early enough in the day to ensure instant or same-day funding. Try to apply before lunch for the best results.
Finally, you typically need to own a checking account associated with a Visa or Mastercard debit card. This is because instant funds are sent via the card networks, which is faster than normal ACH transfers. Those can take a day or more to process.
How do online loans work?
Online loans work like any other loan, except that the approval and funding process takes place via digital methods rather than in-person options. You have to complete an application and the lender reviews it against its approval guidelines. If you meet those requirements, you can be approved for a loan. Funds are typically sent via electronic funds transfer or other digital means.
What is the quickest online loan?
The quickest online loan is one with minimum requirements that’s easy to apply for and allows instant funding. Wise Loan offers this type of loan. Find out more about instant funding.
How do you get a loan when no one will give you one?
Credit can be a Catch-22 paradox that’s hard to get out of. You need good credit to get approved for many types of loans. But you need a loan to build good credit. Some ways to get out of this conundrum include:
- Applying for a loan that doesn’t require great credit, such as those offered by Wise Loan
- Asking a loved one with good credit to cosign a loan for you
- Waiting to apply until you have time to improve your credit by making consistent timely payments on existing debt and paying down balances on credit cards
The recommendations contained in this article are designed for informational purposes only. Essential Lending DBA Wise Loan does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided in this article; is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations; and is not responsible for the consequences of any decisions or actions taken as a result of the information provided above.